About Me

My photo
I have had a great passion for writing ever since I was the age of six or seven. I know I'm only at the age of fourteen, but I still enjoy my hobby. I'm not any expert of course, but over time I can eventually improve, and hopefully achieve my dreams when I grow older. Which is becoming a writer, of both poetry and stories. :)

Friday, January 21, 2011

Memories (Story)



It was just a typical Sunday, as I walked around the room multiple times, studying every object there was around me.  I then came across a frame and held my sight on it.  I slowly picked it up, and held it lightly in my hands.  Noticing it being covered in large amounts of dust, I grabbed a tissue that was beside me, and very gently wiped every speck of it off.  I realized that I’ve revealed an image that surrounded in the frame, and stared at it for a few minutes.  As I was trying to look back on the old memories this image held, my mind went into space.  The photograph showed myself as a little girl, swinging on a swing in my backyard.  My smile was big and bright, as well as my family in the background.  If you focused on the side, you could also see a fraction of the house, which looked newly painted.  The backyard was a huge landscape, and the grass looked like it was just mowed very recently in the photograph.  Tall fences surrounded it, looking as if they were just built.  I then remembered that it was the first day living in that house, and we were having a gathering.  My eyes skimmed through the picture once more, as my hands felt the plain, black frame around it.  I started to walk off, carrying it in my hands.  Before I left the room, I quickly switched the light off, and slowly closed the door.  I returned back outside, stared carefully at the house, and set my eyes back on the photograph.  I noticed my eyes were starting to form tears, but I knew it was time to move on.  Being surrounded with packed boxes, I carefully put them inside my truck, and shut the trunk.  I gave a short, yet gentle wave to the house, and drove off with the picture in the seat beside me.

1 comment:

  1. i can imagine it . it must be a nice moment to remember , i guess :)

    ReplyDelete